What Makes a Good Job Search App?
There are a few criteria that make an app the best for a job search. With so many on the market, it is critical to define what these are to understand why we selected the ones that we did.
The most important items for the best apps for the job search include:
- The ability to perform research on employers and the company
- Easy resume uploading and a way to put in other critical documents
- Quality user experiences that make navigating the app and finding its resources simple
- Connection benefits with employers and employees
- Unique researching techniques that can expand horizons and experience
All of these make for an excellent job seeker app. We used each of these to select the best apps for job searches. They work together to make the experience easy for you and more manageable for employers to find you.
Most of these apps also provide a way for you to research the companies before you apply. Reviews, average pay rates, and other facts can help you become informed and keep you from making a mistake before giving a location your time.
Can a Job Search App Get You a Job?
If you’re a person who questions everything, you might wonder if a job search app can really get you a job. After all, it’s an app. Is it just as effective as applying in person or attending a job fair? An app requires less face-to-face interaction than these items.
It is safe to say that as the world of technology grows, the hiring process is moving online. Employers constantly use websites like LinkedIn and Glassdoor to find employees. Gone are the days of physically going to a location to interview. Instead, the first step of the process is almost always online.
The best apps for job searches provide an employer with your resume and skills fast. Apps are more efficient than in-person interviews, and more employers can see you at once. Based on the number of people that continue to use these applications, you will be able to land a job or interview from these downloadable sources as well as you would in person.
Best Apps for Job Search
Now, we’ll go over our top choices for the best apps for any job search. Each of these has an element of the criteria listed above. In addition, they are quality sources and can be downloaded on your phone with the touch of a button.
Job search apps are fantastic to have in your arsenal. Using them as well as going to items such as job fairs will ensure your success. Keep on reading to understand further the selections that we made.
1 . Glassdoor
Glassdoor is one of the best apps for job search because it excels at displaying company reviews. Anyone who has worked at a location can leave an honest review, permitting potential employees to understand what they are getting into before applying.
Glassdoor also offers:
- The ability to look up a job based on a multitude of criteria
- Recommendations based on searches and skills
- Salary averages for various companies and jobs
- A quality user experience that allows easy access for anyone
As stated, Glassdoor is easily one of the best job search apps of 2021, and anyone looking for a paying job should use its unique features. You can find it on both Android and iOS for free. Signing up is also of no cost to the user.
3 . Monster
Monster is unique because it acts as a dating app for those on the hunt for a job. If you see a job that you like, you can swipe left or right. It makes it easy to get through a few quality opportunities and narrow down your options.
Monster is one of the best apps out there. It also has:
- The ability to upload a resume and other documents for applying
- Personalization based on jobs you’re tailored to take on
- Tools that can assist you in your search and as you decide what you are going to do
Monster is a one-of-a-kind way to look for a job, so this will be good for you if you like that aspect. On top of that, it holds a lot of valuable information that will help you in the future. This app is available on both Android and iOS.
4 . ZipRecruiter
ZipRecruiter took LinkedIn’s employer strategy and combined it with ultra-smart software that gets more intelligent the more that people use it. So if you have the skills that an employer is looking for, it will match you within twenty-four hours.
On top of this smart technology, ZipRecruiter also boasts:
- Minimal effort from both employers and potential employees
- A vast resume database of applicants
- An app for both hirers and those who want to be hired
Both you and the employer have an active role to play on ZipRecruiter. Combined with the technology, it’s hard not to get a few matches on this site. ZipRecruiter is available on both Android and iOS. It’s free to sign up.
5 . Snagajob
Snagajob is an excellent app for anyone of any age. Teenagers looking for a part-time job can use its features at the same time as experienced managers. It also only provides hourly jobs. So if you’re looking for a job over a career, Snagajob is ideal for you.
This app also provides:
- Career advice for those who need it and want it
- Opportunities for flexible hours for younger searchers and those who are busy
- Local and far away jobs across the country
- Quizzes to help you see what job work best for you based on your skills and talents
Local and small jobs are bountiful through Snagajob. It’s great if you need something on the side to help make money. Snagajob is available for downloading through both Android and iOS.
6 . Good&Co
Good&Co is a next-generation career-building application. It utilizes an algorithm that no other app has, which focuses on eight factors to help match you with a career and workspace that will fit your personality. As a result, this application excels at assisting people in finding meaning in their future careers, rather than simply taking one on for income. It’s intended for a new generation.
Good&Co also has:
- Personal quizzes intended for matching you to the best possible location
- Scores on companies to see if you fit with their culture and atmosphere
- An individual profile based on who you are as an individual and what you believe in
- Integrated science to help you land your most satisfying career based on a distinctive formula
This unique look at finding a job makes Good&Co one of the best apps for a job search. It’s good to have if you want to find a career that will fulfill you and sustain your daily needs. Good&Co is free to download on both Android and iOS.
7 . Indeed
Indeed is the app that many know about, and for a good reason. It’s an app that makes applying as easy as pushing a button. You’re able to upload a ton of resources that can be submitted to employers. It’s straightforward to use.
Indeed also has:
- An excellent research platform that permits preparations for potential positions
- Reviews of the company, user scores, and previous salaries
- Personalization of your account for employers to see if they are interested in you for their company
- Simple searching that can be narrowed down by job type, salary, and even location
- Job recommendations based on search and application patterns you display
Indeed has always been a dedicated job seeker app for those in need of assistance. Indeed is an excellent option if you are on the hunt for reliability and have had time to grow. Like the others, it is available to download for free bot both Android and iOS.
Are These Apps Free?
All these applications are free to download and use. Some of them, like LinkedIn, have premium formats that will give you access to other features. These features may include new learning tools, the ability to see if employers viewed your profile, and other items that may or may not suit your needs. It’s up to your discretion if you want to pay extra.
None of these apps cost money to apply for jobs. You can do that free of charge, so don’t worry about that. Paying is not necessary unless you can afford it or you want one of the available features.
Job Search Apps Vs. Websites
Many of these apps have website versions on top of the downloadable mobile platform. You might wonder why you couldn’t just use the website over the app. While they may seem the same, a few key differences set them apart from each other.
- User experience, as apps are tailored to phones while websites are not
- Mobility, because apps are simpler to look at on the go and store in your pocket or your purse
- Features, since apps may have integrated components that cannot be used on the website
Apps are more portable than websites. But, of course, you can use both to maximize your prospects. Each will typically operate under the same account, so any jobs you find on the app will translate to the website. The app is more accessible more often, however. We live in a world where cell phones are in use all the time. Laptops are not.
How Much Should You Be on Job Search Apps?
Now that you know all about the best apps for your job search, you might wonder how often you should be on the app for the best results. Checking too much can be discouraging and tiresome, while checking too little can cause missed opportunities and miscommunications to potential employers.
You should check the app as often as you feel comfortable doing so. Once in the morning and once at night is the minimum. Most employers are active during the day, so checking during off-hours will ensure that you see job postings and messages for the workday. It doesn’t need to take over your life, but checking the best apps for your job search should always be in the back of your mind.
Hunting for jobs is hard, but with these apps, you should have an easier time. The best app for a job search will allow you to connect with an employer, easily submit your resume, and research the company and those involved with the organization.
The best job search apps of 2021 are excellent to have in your artillery when seeking a career. Every single one has unique details that work for different individuals. The one you select depends on your personal preferences. You should be able to conquer your search with no issue and land your next job or career with ease.